Mechanical Testing Lab
We have a sound reputation for fast, reliable service at a competitive rate.
MES is an accredited mechanical testing lab that provides mechanical testing of metals, polymers, ceramics, and other materials. Our state-of-the-art test lab and dedicated machine shop allows us to provide the most accurate and reliable results possible.
Tests include: tensile strength, compression, hardness (Rockwell, Brinell, Vickers, Knoop), microhardness, impact resistance (Charpy and Izod), friction resistance, 3 point bend, shear, strain, and wear resistance testing for a number of environmental conditions.
These tests are performed per ASTM, API, MIL, or other standards. The experience of our engineers and a comprehensive quality control program ensure accurate, reproducible results.
MES is capable of testing large lot sizes for manufacturing controls and we offer discounted rates for high volume testing.
- Tensile pull testing of metals, polymers, and composites
- Tensile temperatures reduced to -100F or elevated to 1200F
- Extensive variety of grips and fixtures
- Load capacities from 1 to 120,000 pounds
- Rockwell, Brinell & Micro hardness testing
- Durometer hardness testing for polymers
- Yield strength and elongation
- Full-size testing of fasteners
- Charpy impact testing down to -346F
- Machined Specimens – round and flat tensile
- Fracture toughness testing
- Friction and wear testing
- Adhesion and peel testing
- ASTM A370 – Mechanical Testing of Steel Products
- ASTM B557 – Tension Testing of Aluminum
- ASTM D638 – Tensile Properties of Plastics
- ASTM E8 – Tension Testing of Metallic Materials
- ASTM E21 – Elevated Temperature Tension Tests
- ASTM F606 – Mechanical Properties of Threaded Fasteners
- 1″X8″ Plate/Sheet
- 8″ Rod length
- Custom subsized coupons to ASTM standard sizes may apply
- Chemical Analysis
- Corrosion Testing Lab
- Failure Analysis Lab
- Mechanical Testing Lab
- Metallurgical Lab Services
- Non-Destructive Testing
- Other Testing
- Surface Analysis Lab
- Weld Inspection Services