Ultrasonic Flaw Inspection (UT)
MES is a full service provider of field and laboratory Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) techniques.
Located in Dallas, MES has a complete metallurgical laboratory staffed with Level II & III experts to supervise all NDT testing projects. MES provides rapid inspection results at an affordable price. As an A2LA ISO 17025 accredited service provider, quality is our focus.
To perform ultrasonic testing on a specimen, a transducer is passed over the object being inspected, often utilizing a couplant gel or liquid. The transducer is connected to a portable electronic base unit which displays a real time data feed. Reflected ultrasounds come from an interface, such as the back wall of the object or from an imperfection within the object, such as a crack. The base unit displays these results in the form of a signal with an amplitude representing the intensity of the reflection and the distance, representing the arrival time of the reflection.
- Highly portable
- Non-destructive technique
- High penetrating power, which allows the detection of flaws deep in the part
- High sensitivity
- Only one surface needs to be accessible
- Determines the thickness of parts with parallel surfaces
- Capability of estimating the size, orientation, shape and nature of defects.
- Non hazardous to operations equipment or personnel
- AWS D1.1
- ASTM E164
- ASTM E213
- ASTM E587
- Sample Size – 0.100” – 12.00” thick
- Chemical Analysis
- Corrosion Testing Lab
- Failure Analysis Lab
- Mechanical Testing Lab
- Metallurgical Lab Services
- Non-Destructive Testing
- Other Testing
- Surface Analysis Lab
- Weld Inspection Services