Tensile Test Lab
MES provides quality tensile test results with a rapid turnaround.
Verifying your material strength values is key to consistent quality control. The MES tensile test lab provides tensile testing on metals, polymers, composites, and fabrics to a variety of test standards. We routinely test machined coupons, fasteners, wire, cable, tubes, pipes, plates, structural beams, or bars. Our machine shop and qualified machinists will machine your raw materials to standard coupons if necessary.
Tensile testing is the most fundamental type of material strength testing. A tensile test applies a proof load to a specimen past the yield point to failure. Tensile test results provide many mechanical properties such as Young’s modulus, yield strength, tensile strength, elongation, deformation, reduction of area, and strain hardening behavior. Our tensile test lab provides accredited tensile testing within our ISO 17025 quality system.
Located in Dallas, MES has a complete metallurgical laboratory staffed with graduate level materials engineers to supervise all tensile testing projects. Our full-service mechanical lab offers rapid test results at an affordable price. As an A2LA ISO 17025 accredited lab, quality is our focus.
We offer tests to a variety of specifications, including ASTM, MIL, ASME, AWS or other standards. The experience of our engineers and a comprehensive quality control program ensure accurate, reproducible results. Contact our team of engineering experts today for free consultation and guidance to the best test protocol!
- Specimens may be dog bone tensile bars or a variety of other shapes
- Temperatures reduced to -100F or elevated 1500F
- Extensive variety of grips and fixtures
- Wedge tensile
- Axial tensile
- Yield strength and elongation
- Full-size testing of fasteners
- Equipment Capacity – up to 600,000 lb. load
- Machined Specimens – round and flat tensile
Tensile Test Specs
- ASTM A370 – Mechanical Testing of Steel Products
- ASTM B557 – Tension Testing of Aluminum
- ASTM D638 – Tensile Properties of Plastics
- ASTM E8 – Tension Testing of Metallic Materials
- ASTM E21 – Elevated Temperature Tension Tests
- ASTM F606 – Mechanical Properties of Threaded Fasteners
Tensile Test Samples
- 1″X8″ Plate/Sheet
- 8″ Rod length
- Custom subsized coupons to ASTM standard sizes may apply
- Chemical Analysis
- Corrosion Testing Lab
- Failure Analysis Lab
- Mechanical Testing Lab
- Metallurgical Lab Services
- Non-Destructive Testing
- Other Testing
- Surface Analysis Lab
- Weld Inspection Services