MES provides bend testing of welds for certification.
The MES bend test lab provides three and four point bend testing on your welds and materials. Bend testing determines the ductility or the strength of a material by bending the material over a given radius. Following the bend, the sample is inspected for cracks on the outer surface. Bend testing provides insight into the modulus of elasticity and the bending strength of a material.
Specimens are often cut into rectangular bars or tested as whole. We routinely test machined coupons, fasteners, wire, cable, tubes, pipes, plates, structural beams, or bars. Our machine shop and qualified machinists will machine your raw materials to standard coupons if necessary.
- Face, root, and side bends
- Three and four point bend setups with interchangeable rollers
- Capable of testing large lot sizes
- Discounted rates for high volume testing
- ASTM A370, E290
- MIL or other standards
- Four samples typically machined from plate thickness
- Custom subsized coupons to ASTM standard sizes may apply
- Chemical Analysis
- Corrosion Testing Lab
- Failure Analysis Lab
- Mechanical Testing Lab
- Metallurgical Lab Services
- Non-Destructive Testing
- Other Testing
- Surface Analysis Lab
- Weld Inspection Services