Salt Fog Test Lab
MES offers 24/7 Salt Spray Testing capability, 365 days a year.
Our extensive Corrosion Lab allows us to price exposure testing at a competitive hourly rate. We offer incremental inspections during the duration of exposure, as well as grading, photographic and report documentation upon completion.
Salt fog testing is an accelerated corrosion test that produces a corrosive attack to the coated samples in order to predict its suitability in use as a protective finish.
The appearance of corrosion products (oxides) or coating adhesion is evaluated after a period of time. Test duration depends on the corrosion resistance of the coating; the more corrosion resistant the coating is, the longer the period in testing without showing signs of corrosion.
Metallurgical offers numerous cabinets conforming to ASTM B117 in order to provide the most cost-effective test program to our clients. We typically start your test upon receipt and our depth of facilities allows us to accommodate samples of various sizes. We provide professional photography in order to document performance changes in your product.
- Salt Spray Test / Salt Fog
- Test on corrosion resistance of coated or uncoated samples
- Test durations range from 24 to 2000 hours
- We professional photography in order to document performance changes in your product
- ASTM B 117 – Salt Spray (Fog) Testing
- ASTM D 1735 – Water Resistance (Fog)
- ASTM D 2247 – Water Resistance (100% humidity)
- ISO 9227
Accommodate samples of various sizes within 36 cubic foot chamber
- Chemical Analysis
- Corrosion Testing Lab
- Failure Analysis Lab
- Mechanical Testing Lab
- Metallurgical Lab Services
- Non-Destructive Testing
- Other Testing
- Surface Analysis Lab
- Weld Inspection Services