Carbon Content Testing
The carbon percentage can be a critical factor in the evaluation of steels. MES utilizes the combustion technique for carbon content testing of inorganic samples. The Leco combustion technique provides accuracy and precision down to 1% of the true value.
The Leco combustion process involves burning one gram of sample, which is typically solvent cleaned prior to analysis. Data gathered from Leco combustion is often paired with data from other methods, such as Optical Emission Spectrometer, to provide a complete chemical composition of an unknown material.
- Identification of inorganic materials percentage carbon
- Accuracy and precision down to 1%
- ASTM E1019
- Requires approximately one gram of material
- Chemical Composition Analysis
- Corrosion Testing Lab
- Failure Analysis Lab
- Mechanical Testing Lab
- Metallurgical Lab Services
- Non-Destructive Testing
- Other Testing
- Surface Analysis Lab
- Weld Inspection Services