Mechanical Test Lab
MES offers a full-service mechanical testing laboratory that routinely performs tensile testing, charpy impact testing, hardness testing, fracture toughness and wear resistance testing of metals, polymers, composite, and textile materials. Our combination of highly experienced technicians, competitive pricing and fast turnaround time provides an ideal solution for your testing needs.
Mechanical testing provides information on the strength, hardness, ductility, impact resistance and fracture toughness of your materials. These mechanical properties help determine if your material meets design or specification requirements. Testing is performed at ambient or extreme temperature conditions.
Mechanical testing is performed using universal modern tensile test equipment, hardness units, standard and ultra light impact, friction and wear, surface roughness, taber abrasion, torsion, and strain gage units.
We offer extensive laboratory test facilities to perform physical testing, metallographic preparation, and analytical testing. We also have an on-site machine shop for sample preparation.
Primary mechanical testing instrumentation includes the following:
- Satec, Model 120HVL, 120,000lb capacity, Servo Hydraulic
- Instron, Model 1000, 1000lb capacity, Screw Driven
- Brinell Hardness Tester, Model L
- Rockwell Hardness Tester, Wilson Model 4DT
- Vickers Micro Hardness Tester, Model LR, Tukon Model 300BM
- Knoop Micro Hardness Tester, Tukon Model 300BM
- Durometer Hardness Tester, Types A & D, Instron Model 1600 (2)
- Charpy Impact Tester, Model CS-137-074
- Friction & Wear Tester, Paul N. Gardner Co. Model 80
- Taber Abrasion Tester, Model 503-1
- Paint Adhesion Tester
- Digital Strain Gage data display